College Road Trip
· Developed to ensure college preparedness through experiential learning. 62
Jemez juniors and seniors participated in the 2010 program.
· Each year the number of students attending a post-secondary institution
increases in the years 2007-2011. We have had an increase from 32% to 585 of
graduation seniors attend a post-secondary institute.
· Students interested in a particular college are given the opportunity to visit
a college and experience dorm life, academics and student activities allowing
them a true college experience.
· Brings both Jemez college/graduate students and high school students together to ensure
student readiness and to assist with transitions into post secondary options
· 2009-2010 18 high school seniors as well as 15 mentors signed up to participate; 16 of those
students currently attend a post-secondary institution.
· Assists all Jemez high school students from grades 9-12
· Staff meets with ~150 Jemez high school students each month attending JVHS, WHCS &
Santa Fe Indian School (SFIS)
· Jemez Valley High School-1st Friday of the month, Santa Fe Indian School –3rd Wednesday of the
month, Walatowa High Charter School—3rd Thursday of the month
· Offered on-site, at Jemez Valley High School (JVHS), Jemez Valley Middle School (JVMS),
Jemez Valley Elementary School (JVES), San Diego Riverside Charter School (SDRCS),
Jemez Day School (JDS),and Walatowa High Charter School (WHCS)
· 50 students are seen for tutoring per day across all sites
Jemez Annual Youth Summit
· A one day conference bringing Jemez High School students together from the different schools to
listen to; college panels, Tribal leaders, professionals and educators. Students are also given the
opportunity to meet with college recruiters, have discussion with community
elders and learn of the different programs available to them.
Experiential Learning Opportunities
· Community & Cultural based programs locally, nationally & internationally,
· Provide exposure, real world experiences, cultural knowledge & global understanding
of world cultures, politics, business & international affairs
The Education Services Center provides internet, copying and printing for students and community members in need of assistance. Computer usage as well as telephone is available to community members for use.
Education Services Manager
P.O. Box 100
Jemez Pueblo, NM 87024